Enrollment Requirements – Certificate of Completion:
Enrollment is conducted by Oakland Builders Education Seminars. It is a preferred requirement to register one week in advance for any class offered for preparation and confirmation purposes.
All students will be awarded a certificate of completion upon attendance of all the course sessions. (There are no certificates for one and three-night courses unless required for reimbursement of student fees.)
Rules of Student Conduct:
Students must not disrupt the lectures or create a disturbance that prevents others from learning. Abusive language, disruptive behavior, being under the influence of alcohol or harmful substances during class will be cause for dismissal. If a student is dismissed from class for the above reasons, all fees will be forfeited.
Oakland Builders Education Seminars has a policy of non-discrimination based on age, sex, race, religion, ethnic origin or education.
The following are estimated fees to the general public for classes. Oakland Builder Education Seminars reserves the right to make any changes to existing or future fee schedules. The fees listed below represent our current fee structure in place.
- Builder Pre-License Seminar – $750
- How to Builder Your Own Home – $230
- Basement Remodeling – $200
- New Business Plan – $175
- Continuing Education – 3 Hour Course – $49
- Continuing Education – 7 Hour Course – $129
Class Withdrawal/Cancellation Policy
- The tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if the applicant is rejected by the school before enrollment. An application fee of not more than $25.00 may be retained by the school if the applicant is denied. All tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if requested within 3 business days after signing a contract with the school. All refunds shall be returned within 30 days. Once 3 business days have elapsed the following policy(s) will apply.
- Once the 3 business days have elapsed no refunds will be given.
- Misconduct or other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated during class or break periods. Students demonstrating such behavior will not be allowed back in the classroom. No refunds will be granted as a result of misconduct determined by the Director or Instructor.
Previous Training or Education:
No previous builder training or education is required for attendance at any seminar.
No job placement assistance is available through Oakland Builders Education Seminars.